Planner I or II
South Central Planning & Development Commission is seeking a Regional Planner with knowledge/experience in planning and its principals, grant writing, GIS, and technical reporting. Responsibilities include writing and management of Federal, State, and Local Grants. Other responsibilities may include the management of special projects on behalf of the Commission and its member jurisdictions. The candidate must have excellent oral and written communication skills, have the ability to work effectively with local, state, and federal officials, interest groups, and the general public. This position may require public speaking, attendance of night meetings and travel. Minimum qualifications should include a Bachelor’s Degree in Urban Planning, Business, or a related field. Prior parish, municipal or regional experience is a plus. Salary range: $40,000 – $79,800 to be commensurate with experience and education. SCPDC is an EOE/AAE.
Resumes will be accepted until the position is filled. Send resume to SCPDC Planner PO Box 1870, Gray, LA 70359 or email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
SURPLUS PROPERTY BID NOTICE
South Central Planning and Development Commission will receive sealed bids until 3:00 p.m. on Friday, August 20th, 2021 at South Central Planning’s Office, 5058 West Main Street, Houma, LA 70360 for the sale of the following surplus property:
- LOT 1: Lot of (46) Miscellaneous Keyboards: (24) Dell, (6) BenQ, (6) Logitech, (9) MicroSoft, (1) Kensington;
Minimum Bid: $1.00
- LOT 2: Lot of (19) Miscellaneous Mouse: (5) Dell, (6) Logitech, (8) MicroSoft; Minimum Bid: $1.00
- LOT 3: Lot of (20) Miscellaneous Monitors: (1) Cintiq 21UX, (13) Dell, (3) HP, (2) Samsung, (1) Wacom;
Minimum Bid: $1.00
- LOT 4 Lot of (12) Office Chairs: Various Models & Brands; Minimum Bid: $1.00
- LOT 5: Lot of (10) Printers: (1) Lexmark Desktop, (1) Epso WF-4630, (5) HP, (3) Brother; Minimum Bid: $1.00
LOT 6: Lot of (21) Desktop Towers: (18) Dell, (1) Doghouse Computers, (1) eMachine Tower, (1) DMS Tower;
Minimum Bid: $1.00
- LOT 7: Lot of (7) Laptops: (1) Panasonic, (1) Gateway, (1) HP Compaq, (2) Dell Latitude, (2) Dell Vostro;
Minimum Bid: $1.00
- LOT 8: Lot of Miscellaneous Equipment: (1) HP T500 UPS Battery, (1) Dell E-Port PRO3x, (1) ExtronSwitcher
300 Series, (1) Seagate Harddrive, (1) Fire Alarm Control Box, Mircom, Series 200, (1) Duct Smoke Detector
Model #SL-2000-P, (1) Misc Wires, (1) Dell Power Connect 6248, (1) GPS Wiring, (1) Dell Speakers, (1)
CA-2100 PA Spekers; Minimum Bid: $1.00
- LOT 9: Lot of (2) Large Printer/Copiers: (1) HP LJ4700ph+, (1) Ricoh Aficio MP C4500 Copier; Minimum Bid:
- LOT 10: Epson Cash Register M129H; Minimum Bid: $1.00
- LOT 11: Lot of (7) Office Phones: (5) Linksys IP Phone SPA942, (1) Grandstream IP Phone GXP2000, (1) Ethernet
Phone RoHS; Minimum Bid: $1.00
- LOT 12: Lot of Various Wireless Equipment: (6) Verizon Wireless Samsung SCH-LC11 Mobile Hotspot, (1)
Verizon Wireless MiFi2200 Mobile Hotspot, (7) Verizon USB551L 4G USB Modem, (1) Verizon 4G LTE,
(7) AT&T USBConnect Mercury, (8) Verizon Novatel Wireless USB760, (6) ATT Sierra Wireless
USBConnect 881, (4) Cingular 3G Sierra Wireless AirCard 860, (1) Dell PowerEdge 2800Server, (1)
Phone: Aastra 480iCT; Minimum Bid: $1.00
- LOT 13: Lot of (6) Metal Filing Cabinets: (2) Hon 4-Drawer, Beige, (1) Mules Office Product 4-Drawer, Brown,
(1) Anderson Mickey Co, 4-Drawer, (2) Black, 4-Drawer; Minimum Bid: $1.00
- LOT 14: 40ft Shipping Container, Green in color, 8’4”H x 8’W; Minimum Bid: $500.00
- LOT 15: 20ft Shipping Container, Red in color, 8’6”H x 8’W; Minimum Bid: $500.00
- LOT 16: 2010 Dodge Journey, 159,372, Transmission & Computer Module in need of replacement; Minimum
- LOT 17: 2015 Ford Escape, 192,042 miles, needs new transmission; Minimum Bid: $500.00
- LOT 18: Lot of (4) Large Digital Wall Displays: (1) Crestron, (3) Planar; Minimum Bid: $1.00
You can see the items listed by contacting South Central Planning at 985/851-2900. All bids must be sealed, addressed, and mailed to:
South Central Planning & Development Commission
P.O. Box 1870
Gray, LA 70359
The bids will be opened at South Central Planning & Development Commission, 5058 West Main Street, Houma, LA 70360, on Monday, August 23rd, 2021 at 10:00 a.m. Bids received after 3:00 p.m. on Friday, August 20th, 2021 will be returned unopened. South Central Planning reserves the right to reject any or all bids. No guarantees or warranties are given by South Central Planning for the items listed. No sale will be invalid due to defects discovered in the item after the sale.
Due to Stay Home Orders and in response to the Corona/COVID-19 virus, Governor Edwards authorized some temporary changes to Open Meetings Law that would allow Public Meetings via Video and/or Phone conference. Proclamations No. JBE2020-27 & JBE2020-30 provide language allowing these changes amidst the social distancing “Stay Home” orders.
The Attorney General rendered his Memorandum to “Public Bodies” suggesting that the Governor’s Proclamation is clear that while “the quorum requirement has not changed”, but that under Gubernatorial Proclamation No. JBE 2020-30, a Public Body may conduct business “via telephone conference or video conference” and that [it] “shall provide a written certification that the [Board] was otherwise unable to operate due to quorum requirements….” Therefore:
South Central Planning and Development Commission’s Loan Board does call a meeting scheduled for 20 July 2021 @ 8:30 AM to be held at its office at 5058 West Main, Houma, LA and
With this Notice, SCPDC does Certify those agenda items require action from the LOAN BOARD and that due to the social distancing/travel/orders Proclaimed by JBE 2020-30 the LOAN BOARD would otherwise be unable to operate due to quorum requirements without members of the Board participating via telephone conference or video conference.
While the public is invited to attend in person, the gathering shall be limited to less than 10 persons including staff. In lieu of this, the public can tune-in to the Zoom Meeting conference by: Please contact the Loan Department for details on registering and attending the meeting via zoom.
South Central Planning & Development Commission, in collaboration with Lafourche Parish Council and School Board, will hold a public meeting to discuss redistricting.
July 1, 2021 at 6:00pm
Council Chambers of the Mathews Government Complex at 4876 Highway 1, Mathews, LA
South Central Planning & Development Commission will hold a PUBLIC HEARING on Thursday, June 24th, 2021 at 10:30 a.m. at Ellendale Country Club, 3319 LA 311, Houma, LA as follows: Public Hearing on the Proposed Fiscal Year 2022 Budget.