Due to the inability to meet quorum requirements in person, the Loan Board for South Central Planning & Development Commission, Inc., will meet on Tuesday, October 20, 2020 at 8:30 AM via video conference call (info on website) in direct response to Governor Edward’s proclamation (JBE-2020-27 Section 5) allowing softened open meeting considerations amidst the declared COVID 19/Corona “Stay Home Order and Business Closures”. Anyone requiring reasonable accommodation is requested to contact South Central Planning & Development Commission, Inc. three days in advance of the meeting at (985) 851-2900 to discuss the particular accommodations needed and insure no more than ten (10) people attend.
If a member of the public would like to issue public comment on any agenda item, please do one of the following:
1) Send an email, prior to the meeting, to the Secretary (firstname.lastname@example.org) stating the agenda item you want to submit a comment upon, along with your full name, address, and your written comments which will be read into the record of the meeting; or
2) Dial into the teleconference line at:
Register in advance for this meeting: https://zoom.us/meeting/register/tJIkfuihrj8rEtFw6HR8FASIReiCPbgKFtUG
You will be allowed to comment during the Public Comment Item of the Agenda on any matter requiring a vote.
1. Call meeting to order
2. Roll Call
3. Public Comments
4. Minutes from August 18, 2020, meeting
5. New Loan Request
A. Program Change for Viper Valve
B. Sanctuary Campground
C. Lynch Construction Group: Corona Recovery
D. Viking Attachments LLC
E. Gottchalk Law Firm LLC
6. Existing Loans
A. Attorney’s Report
1. Collections Work Group Recommendations
C. Others as conferred
7. Other Business
A. COVID 19/Corona Disaster Recovery update
1. Use of remaining Corona Funds for Laura Disaster Relief – same
B. Supplement & Waiver for EDA RLF Plan, possible changes to non-EDA
C. Restore Round #2 Lending: DOB
8. Next Meeting Date: November 17, 2020?
A. Discuss combining November 17th and December 22nd meetings
1. December 1, 2020
2. December 8, 2020
South Central Planning and Development Commission is searching for combination inspector for a permanent full time position in their Building Codes Division. It is preferred that an applicant is fully certified in all residential and commercial disciplines, however applicants with applicable work experience demonstrating the ability to obtain the required certifications will be considered. Inspectors fall into either Inspector I, Inspector II, or Inspector III categories dependent on certifications, work experience, and education. Compensation is commensurate with qualifications. (50K-80K)
Job Duties include but are not limited to:
- Inspecting residential, commercial, and industrial projects based upon statewide codes.
- Filling out descriptive inspection reports via computer.
- Be polite, courteous, and provide consistent and accurate information to the public.
- Attend continuing education courses.
- Must be available for 24 hour on call services.
- Must be physically capable of climbing, lifting 30 lbs., walking on uneven surfaces or terrain, balancing, and practicing safe methods into work location.
- Able to work in varying environments.
- Punctual to job sites.
- Being pro-active in maintaining their Commission issued vehicle.
Assists CBI, DBO, CBO and/or CEO in other project requests.
Send resume to: SCPDC Inspector PO Box 1870, Gray, LA 70359 or email to: email@example.com
The Southeast Louisiana Regional Criminalistics Laboratory Commission will hold a special meeting on Friday, October 2nd, 2020 at 11:30 a.m. at the office of South Central Planning and Development Commission, 5058 West Main Street, Houma, LA. Anyone requiring reasonable accommodation is requested to contact South Central Planning and Development Commission three days in advance of the meeting at (985) 851-2900 to discuss the particular accommodations needed.
Due to the lack of required documents being returned in a timely manner from applicants, our weekly Corona Recovery Committee Meeting for tomorrow is CANCELLED!
Please keep next week’s meeting on your calendar: Wednesday, October 7th @ 3:00 PM!