South Central Planning and Development Commission is searching for combination inspector for a permanent full time position in their Building Codes Division. It is preferred that an applicant is fully certified in all residential and commercial disciplines, however applicants with applicable work experience demonstrating the ability to obtain the required certifications will be considered. Inspectors fall into either Inspector I, Inspector II, or Inspector III categories dependent on certifications, work experience, and education. Compensation is commensurate with qualifications. (50K-80K)
Job Duties include but are not limited to:
- Inspecting residential, commercial, and industrial projects based upon statewide codes.
- Filling out descriptive inspection reports via computer.
- Be polite, courteous, and provide consistent and accurate information to the public.
- Attend continuing education courses.
- Must be available for 24 hour on call services.
- Must be physically capable of climbing, lifting 30 lbs., walking on uneven surfaces or terrain, balancing, and practicing safe methods into work location.
- Able to work in varying environments.
- Punctual to job sites.
- Being pro-active in maintaining their Commission issued vehicle.
Assists CBI, DBO, CBO and/or CEO in other project requests.
Send resume to: SCPDC Inspector PO Box 1870, Gray, LA 70359 or email to: email@example.com