The South Central Regional Safety Coalition, formerly known as the South Central Safe Community Partnership (SCSCP), is a traffic safety coalition comprised of multidisciplinary partners/agencies throughout the parishes of Assumption, Lafourche, St. Charles, St. James, St. John the Baptist, St. Mary and Terrebonne.
Tasked with the implementation of the regional version of the LA Strategic Highway Safety Plan, coined the South Central Regional Transportation Safety Plan (http://www.scpdc.org/wp-content/uploads/SCRTSP-Updated-Feb-2013_withAug2013Status.pdf) , the dedicated team of partners are charged with implementing highway safety projects and programs across the South Central Region in an effort to reduce fatalities and serious injuries in the region by 50% by 2030.
Utilizing the 4E Approach (Engineering, Education, Enforcement, and Emergency Medical Services), our South Central Regional Safety Coalition partners, in collaboration with Federal Highway Administration, Louisiana DOTD, Louisiana Highway Safety Commission, the Houma-Thibodaux MPO and other LA Metropolitan Planning Organizations, LSU Highway Safety Research Group, Louisiana Transportation Research Center, and other federal, state, regional and local partners work together to analyze data, identify strategies, prioritize resources and implement data-driven action steps from our 5 emphasis areas:
- Impaired Driving (alcohol & drugged related)
- Occupant Protection (proper restraint of adults, teens, children and infants)
- Crashes Involving Young Drivers (15-24 years of age involved in a crash)
- Infrastructure & Operations (Roadway Departure & Intersection related crashes)
We welcome you to join our life saving team of law enforcement partners, educators, engineers, emergency personal, and many other traffic safety advocates throughout our region and state . . . Because it takes EVERYONE to reach our goal of DESTINATION ZERO DEATHS!
Everyday actions that you can do to help reduce fatalities on our roadways:
- Drive Sober at all times and report Impaired Drivers
- Buckle Up, Every Trip and Every Seat
- Focus all of your attention on the road when driving
- Report highway/traffic safety concerns via email to firstname.lastname@example.org or through our Houma-Thibodaux MPO website.
- Encourage others to do all of the above
Deadline is approaching for our 2017-18 Capturing Safety through the Eyes of a Teen Contest.
SCRSC MEETING INFORMATION:
The South Central Regional Safety Coalition hold quarterly meetings 3rd Wednesday of the first month of each quarter at 10:00 AM (January, April, July, and October). The Executive Committee meets as needed prior to the regularly scheduled quarterly meetings. We also have specific emphasis area focus group meetings that are scheduled throughout the year for those that are interested in working on a specific emphasis area. If you would like to be placed on our distribution list, please email Ms. Cassie Parker at email@example.com or call 985-851-2900.
SCRSC Officers and Team Leaders
Chairman, Captain Frank Besson, LA State Police Troop C Commander
Vice Chairman, Chief Bryan Zeringue, Thibodaux PD
Impaired Driving Team Leader: Dennis Bergeron, LSP-C & Lt. Doug Foreman, Lafourche Parish SO
Young Driver Team Leader/Co-Leader: Jesse LaGrange, LSP-C & Danielle Duplantis, TGMC
Occupant Protection Team Leader/Co-Leader: Nicole Souldier, DHH, & Lisa Giroir, Region 3 CPS Coordinator
Distracted Driving Team Leader: Sgt. Dustin Poche, St. James SO
Regional Transportation Safety Coordinator: Cassie M. Parker, SCPDC
The 2018 Louisiana Safety Calendar displays the campaigns that our coalition supports and promotes
CONNECT WITH US!
Federal Highway Administration – http://safety.fhwa.dot.gov/
LA Department of Transportation & Development – http://wwwsp.dotd.la.gov/Inside_LaDOTD/Divisions/Multimodal/Highway_Safety/Pages/default.aspx
Destination Zero Deaths – http://destinationzerodeaths.com/
National Highway Traffic Administration – http://www.nhtsa.gov/
Louisiana Highway Safety Commission – http://www.lahighwaysafety.org/
Highway Safety Research Group – http://hsrg.lsu.edu/
Governors Highway Safety Association — http://www.ghsa.org/
Houma-Thibodaux MPO – http://www.htmpo.org/
Below is a list of agencies that commonly comprise membership of the regional coalitions: (HOWEVER, WE WELCOME ANY PARTNER(S) INTERESTED IN TRAFFIC SAFETY)
- Representatives from state/federal agencies (FHWA, DOTD, State Police and Highway Safety Commission, OMV and ATC)
- State Police Troops, Sheriff’s Offices and Local Police Departments
- Parish School Boards and Universities
- Driving Schools
- Parish/City Government (or in some cases, Parish Police Jury)
- Safety Advocacy Groups (i.e MADD, ADAC, Bicycle Groups, Runners Association, Neighborhood Watch, etc.)
- State Hospitals and Trauma Centers
- Fire Departments and Ambulance Groups
- District Attorney and/or ADA Offices
- DOTD Districts
- Insurance Agencies (State Farm, Progressive, etc.)
- Private Companies (State Farm, Wal-Mart, Shell Oil, etc.)
- Tri-Media Stations